Have you ever found yourself pondering:
- Is there a viable alternative to the conventional frameworks of socialist governments?
- Could we establish a system that champions and upholds the rights of the individual, emphasizing freedom, autonomy and property rights?
- What might this envisioned system entail, and is it realistically attainable?
Chances are, these questions have crossed your mind. And if so, you’re in luck. Just over a year ago, the Looking Glass team stumbled upon a non-profit organization that could offer insights into these queries. This organization is the Free Cities Foundation, which is driven by a central mission “to support the development of self-governing territories upholding individual rights and freedoms.”
Long story short, after following their work, engaging in conversations with some of their team members, attending their conferences and perusing their suggested readings, it became evident that their thoughts on governance deserved broader exposure. Recognizing our own limited expertise in this domain, we concluded that no one was better suited to develop this course than the experts at Free Cities Foundation themselves. Consequently, it brings us great honour to present this course as a free resource aimed at providing deeper insight into:
- The concept of a Free City
- The process underlying the establishment of such a structure
- The operational dynamics and how such a structure aligns with the needs of the citizens
- Current instances of Free Cities as real-world examples
If this sounds interesting, ready your pen and paper, and jump on board this course to enhance your understanding of Free Cities and alternative methods of governance.